As anyone who knows me will say I am a sucker for a good love story, especially romantic comedies. Since the theme for this week’s Monday Listicles is love I figured I would share. So grab your favorite romantic comedy and curl up with someone you love this Valentine’s Day and enjoy.
1. Up – While technically this isn’t a rom-com, it has one of the most beautifully told love stories put on film.
2. Notting Hill – My favorite love story line comes from this clip. “I’m just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her.” Plus I love the montage at the end of the movie.
3. Love Actually – So many love stories all in one movie, they are so wonderfully woven together into one of the best holiday movies ever.
4. Pretty Woman – How can you get a better one than this? I was in high school and probably saw this movie in the theater five times.
5. Sliding Doors – Another movie on the fringe of being a rom-com, but there is a strong fate element that runs through this favorite. Doesn’t fate always lead to love in the movies?
6. The Wedding Date – You gotta love a wedding and an insanely hot guy. Yum!
7. You’ve Got Mail – A classic about how life will lead you to love if you give it a chance.
8. Sweet Home Alabama – With Reese and more hot guys, I can watch this one anytime.
9. Can’t Buy Me Love – My sister and I used to watch this one over and over again. The last scene on the lawn mower takes the cake for final scenes.
10. Sabrina – I am reminded of how much I love Paris and how much I grew up on my short visit there. Plus it has Harrison Ford and he was on my laminated list, until he got bumped for a Ryan.